A Profile of Barbados
See National Emblems of Barbados - Flag, Anthem, Pledge, Coat of Arms
- Barbados has a resident population of 257,000
- A labor force of 126,000 - skilled, well educated
and motivated, with productivity levels equal to or higher
than those in North America or Europe.
- The island's British based educational system has
produced a 99% literacy rate - one of the highest in the
- Judicial, political and administrative institutions
are closely modeled on the British system.
- All political parties are "middle
of the road", supportive of the free enterprise
system, and committed to the rule of law.
- Barbados has had representative government since 1939
and became an independent country in 1966.
- Click here for list of Government Ministers
- Investment laws are clear and modern
- There are no restrictions on foreign ownership of
- There is prompt governmental response
- Government actively encourages foreign investment
in the industrial sector.
- The island can boast of its excellent infrastructure
with electric power, roads, telephone, facsimile, airport
and seaport equivalent to those in industrialized countries.
- Barbados provides the investor with an extensive range
of Banking and other financial services.
- There is a pool of world class legal and accounting
professionals - most of the international accounting firms
are represented on the island