Caribbean Cruises: Barbados
Cruising To Barbados?
We're thrilled to welcome you to one of the most captivating Caribbean islands! From its coral sand beaches, magnificent limestone caves and top class rum, to the cheeky green monkeys roaming the lush countryside and its warm, friendly people, Barbados promises to be a major highlight of your cruise vacation. The sights are spectacular, the attractions awesome and the activities endless...
Where will your adventure start? For your Caribbean cruise you'll enjoy your day in Barbados beginning with arrival at the Harbour on the outskirts of the capital city of Bridgetown. The harbour is 13 miles from the Grantley Adams International Airport. If you are ending or joining your Caribbean cruise in Barbados you can easily arrange transfers to/from the airport.
The modern Cruise Passenger Terminal provides cruise passengers with a wide range of shopping facilities and services, together with a complete, modern telecommunications centre.
The Cruise Terminal boasts over 20 large duty-free shops that offer a range of items, including jewellery and watches, fine china and crystal, electronic goods and perfumes. Shop in air-conditioned comfort as you purchase tax-free merchandise, at prices typically 30% to 50% less than in Europe and North America.
How to spend your day in Barbados...
Now that your cruise has brought you to the shores of Barbados, how should you spend your day(s) on this beautiful island?
There are a number of exciting ways to pass the time in Barbados, whatever your age and whatever your interests. Here is a small sample of the many ways of enjoying your brief stay in Barbados, to experience them all ... you will have to return to Barbados for a full holiday!
More tips for a Barbados stop on your Caribbean vacation cruise...
- Head to The Boatyard for a day of relaxation or fun at the beach.
- Book ahead and take a tour of our local chocolate factory, about 8 minutes walk from the port.
- Take a short stroll from the Cruise Terminal into our capital city, Bridgetown, to complete your shopping. Along the way you will pass Pelican Craft Village ... stop in to pick up souvenirs and local crafts.
- Perhaps one of the best ways to spend your day in Barbados, is simply relaxing on the glorious coral sand beaches for which we are so famous!
- You sports enthusiasts will enjoy the many sporting activities that are available in Barbados, such as Scuba Diving, Golf, Hiking, Cricket and Windsurfing!
- If you're lucky, you will be in Barbados during the world-famous Crop Over festival or perhaps the Holders Season! Check the Barbados Calendar of Events to see what's happening in Barbados!
- Take a tour of Barbados with any of our experienced, knowledgeable and friendly tour operators to see the most beautiful places of interest that Barbados has to offer.
- Barbados car rentals offer a great way to see Barbados on your own. Be sure to visit such beautiful places as Bathsheba, St.John's Church and the "Seven Wonders of Barbados"!
- Let a Barbados Destination Management Company make the arrangements for you, from Shore Excursions to On-Shore Weddingsand much much more!